8/5/11

Hospital Trip

On Thursday the 14th of July, i was sent to the ER from my doctors office (gladly not in an ambulance :). I was having extreme pain in my "right abdominal quadrant". Mom drove me down and we sat in the ER room for around six hours before we even knew what was wrong! Finally, the on-call surgeon came in and told me i was going to have to stay overnight because I had gall stones. They decided that my gall bladder must be removed, so they got me a room and i moved in at around 2:00AM. Mom stayed the night with me so we could both get some sleep.

I wasn't an emergency surgery, so all of Friday I moped around my room hooked up to all kinds of machines. They finally decided that my surgery would take place anytime after 7:00 in the morning. Since, I hadn't eaten anything since 6:30 thursday evening I had an IV put in, and they told me that I couldnt have anything Friday except some ice. I basically watched movies and slept all day. Pastor Goodwin stopped by and wished me good luck and told me that I shouldnt even be worried. Dad stayed overnight Friday. I had my surgery the next morning at 9:30, I fell asleep before the anesthesiologist came in, I had a breathing tube, and that is all I remember. The next thing I know, Im laying in the recovery room with a wet towel on my head! They told me that it was a 90 minute surgery. They gave me a popsicle, and I was so happy, it was the first thing I had eaten since Thursday night! Mom and Dad came in and they brought me back up to my room. I really don't remember much about the rest of that day, except for watching Harry Potter movies and having everyone come to visit me. I stayed the night once more and Dad stayed with me again. The only way I could go home is if I ate solid food and it stayed down, and if I got up and took a walk. I did both those things and I went home around 7:30. I'm going to be healing for a little while longer, and I'm going to have 4 small scars, but overall I'm back to normal!

1 comment:

  1. Good post - scary weekend, but God is good and watched over you!

    ReplyDelete